Wednesday 30 November 2011

I'll Be Your Mirror - Nico and The Velvet Underground

This isn't the idea that I wanted to go for. The idea I had planned to do totally fell through due to my lack of skill in using Flash. I had wanted to create a typographic piece looking like a kaleidoscope.


This video is a different idea that I had, that unfortunately I haven't had time to develop properly and I'm disappointed with how it has turned out. I also wanted to have the lyrics written in the mirror using condensation, however when I tried this it became very difficult to read... It is the first video I've made, and it's the best I could do with the amount of time I had after messing up my first idea.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O59tMQib9Hc


Lee.

1 comment:

  1. There are some really nice shots but it feels quite fragmented as a video. Some of the ideas are quite literal visalisations of the words which at times can close the listeners imagination by giving them an image of a word instead of letting their own imagination visualise that word.

    I really like the closing shot of the mirror over the silhouetted face. For me this shot could be made so much more of. It's so simple, it's great, it really sums up the song for me.

    ReplyDelete