Wednesday 30 November 2011

'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds'

Ok, so here is my video for The Beatles 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds'.

I haven't prepare the video for the full length of the song, as it took me ages to finish this stop-motion animation and put it all together.
I decided to work in white only, although the song is so 'colorful'- I tried colors and it looked just messy, and now I think, it makes a more sophisticated background for the lyrics...

Let me know what you think!

Martyna

4 comments:

  1. This is nice. I especially like the title shot of the words suspended in the air with wire. There is something that works really well with the way it floats which is so appropriate to the song. The other shots don't have this as the camera is looking down on them. Camrea angle is so important.

    I think the whiteness works really well in contract to the 'colourfullness' of the song.

    The sea, the face and the flowers are really great, the daisy chain or girls is less visually interesting for some reason, maybe it's the way it's shot.

    Keep going and finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great Martyna ! The images work really well with the music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how you have variations of the repeating "lucy in the sky with diamonds" bit rather than just looping something!!! very creative, looks fantastic. love how lucy is actually flying around everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy the use of stop motion and the surrealistic elements you included. I find it strongly visual in terms of following the lyrics and combining them with imagery that makes sense as the song flows. I would agree with you about the use of color because I think it would have been better with colors or no colors at all instead of having a creamy texture.

    ReplyDelete