Tuesday 22 November 2011

UB40 RED RED WINE

I'm having a hard time trying to come with a suitable concept for the song, I am considering now using wine bottles with the labels designed with lyrics on. I think this will be a nice way to capture each lyric and relate to the topic.


However my initial idea was using typography on the teeth. The reason for this is because red wine stains teeth, in a similar way to which the singers affection and heart break towards his lover is stained on him. The lips, I thought could convey the aloof female, as if, when the singer thinks of how he feels he imagines his lover having fun, unaware. I'm not sure if this is appropriate though, and it has given me a massive jaw ache after two words, I would appreciate some feedback on both ideas!

7 comments:

  1. I think the idea with teeth is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Makes a kind of intimate interface for karaoke - perhaps holds the attention by doing this. Keep going.

    Maybe cut with some stock footage of the era to make it look more UB40 and less Sublime?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea, it's funny and original, but I think as you said your idea with wine bottles could be a good as well but this is looking good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forget about the bottles and labels! The teeth-idea is so good, actually it's very close to the content (red wine passes your teeth and your voice as well, just in the other direction) and works visually great, I would like to see long sentences to see how that works, and maybe you use other jaws as well, to give your own a rest. Reminds me a lot of Rocky Horror Picture Show - Double Feature, the big mouth at the beginning. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont like the wine bottle idea, but the teeth thing looks sweet, mabye you could look more into the idea of red wine staining, becasue just the teeth thing could get boring, but then i guess you could have different people providing the mouth which would make it more interesting. Chris (from jans profile)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Echo Florian and Chris. I also thought of wine stains right away, you could do a lot with that I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After i see your introduction,I can tell that the teeth-idea is really good.But if you want to convey the aloof female,maybe try not to change the expressions on the face too often.But here comes another question that because the tone of this song(I only listen to it from the begining) is quite relaxed,it maybe a little strange if the women does't get much expressions. So the present visuals happen to fit the song.What's more,only when i read your introduction,can i know why you use the teeth.So maybe try some wine stain near the mouth?..eh,It's just my opinion

    ReplyDelete